1. What information does project44 receive and collect when you visit or use project44’s Websites
General information you provide to project44. project44 receive and store any information you enter on project44’s Websites or give us in any other way. This includes information that can identify you (“Personal Information”), including information such as your first and last name, telephone number, postal and email addresses, job title and place of employment.
project44 may also request you to input user and login credentials, which project44 has provided to you or which relates to carriers, brokers, or other third parties you are associated with.
You can choose not to provide the above information to us, but in general some information about you is required in order for you to obtain and utilize certain Website functions, such as registering as a member; rate/ book shipments or otherwise use project44’s services; complete a project44 profile; participate in a survey, contest, or sweepstakes; ask project44 a question; or initiate other transactions on the Websites.
Where you provide, or such information is required, the information is used to process your inquiry or make available the services you request.
Information you input to utilize project44 services. When you interact with our Websites to utilize project44 services, the relevant service requires you to input certain information as per above. If you are utilizing a project44 service on behalf of someone else, e.g. booking a shipment for transport, project44 will request Personal Information and preferences concerning the individual you are using the service for. You should always obtain the consent from such individuals prior to providing project44 with their Personal Information and shipment preferences, as any access to view or change their information will be available only through your account.
For additional information on how we collect information and how to limit such collection, please see the section on Cookies and other technologies .
2. How project44 use your information and parties project44 share such information with
This Websites may share your information with the parties for the purposes described below:
- To enable provision of project44 services and third-party services through the Websites, project44 share your information with suppliers such as carriers, brokers, or any third-parties who are fulfilling a shipment reservation or rate request on your request. Throughout the Websites, all services provided by a third-party supplier are identified and described as such. project44 does only share information necessary to enable the provision of the services requested by you, e.g. project44 does not share your email address with suppliers, unless they need it to fulfil the shipment related request you have made on project44 Websites, and we restrict their use of your e-mail to this purpose.
project44 does not place limitations on our suppliers’ use or disclosure of your other personal information. Therefore, we encourage you to review the privacy policies of any supplier whose products or services you purchase or use through project44’s Websites. Please note that these suppliers also may contact you as necessary to obtain additional information about you, facilitate your shipment booking, or respond to a review you may submit. Please note that project44 does not control the privacy practices of these third-party vendors and you should therefore refer to any such business partners privacy documentation and guidelines
- To improve the Websites and for marketing purpose, project44 utilizes third-party vendors who provide services or functions on project44’s behalf, business analytics, customer service, marketing, or distribution of surveys, and fraud prevention.
We may also authorize third-party vendors to collect information on project44’s behalf as necessary to operate features of the Websites or to facilitate the delivery of online advertising tailored to your interests. When project44 engages third-party vendors for such purposes, such third-party vendors only have access to and may collect information as needed to perform their functions and are not permitted to share or use the information for any other purpose. They are also required to follow the same data security practices which project44 adhere to.
- To enable provisions of products offered with third-party business partnerswith whom project44 may jointly offer products or services, or whose products or services may be offered on the Websites. You can tell when a third-party is involved in a product or service you have requested as their name will appear, either alone or with project44’s. If you choose to access these optional services, project44 may share information about you, including your Personal Information, with the business partner(s) relevant for provision of the specific service you requested. Please note that project44 does not control the privacy practices of these third-party business partners and you should therefore refer to any such business partners privacy documentation and guidelines.
- To facilitate and analyse referrals from referring websites. If you were referred to project44’s Websites from another site (for example, through a link you clicked on another site that directed you to the Websites), project44 may share some information about you with the referring website. project44 have not placed limitations on the referring websites use of your Personal Information and project44 encourage you to review the privacy policies of any website that referred you project44’s Websites.
- To aggregate anonymized/de-identified information, which project44 may share with clients, prospective clients, partners or the press in order to demonstrate usage of the Websites, spot industry and advertising trends, and to generate publicity for project44 services. Any aggregated information shared in these contexts will be anonymized to an extent where the information will not contain personal information.
project44 also may share your information to the extent it is necessary to:
- In response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases project44 reserve the right to raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- When project44 believes it is appropriate to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal or suspected illegal activities; to protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of the company or the Website, project44’s customers, or others; and in connection with project44’s Terms of Service and other agreements.
- In connection with a corporate transaction, such as a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
Other than as set out above, you will be notified if Personal Information about you will be shared with third-parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to have such Personal Information shared.
3. Your access to your information
Account information. You may access and update your contact information by visiting the Websites’ profile page. You can close your account by contacting project44 via email at email@example.com. Please note that after you close an account, you will not be able to sign in or access any of your Personal Information. However, you can open a new account at any time. Please also note that we may retain certain information associated with your account, including for analytical purposes as well as for record keeping integrity.
In general. You may contact us, and request access your Personal Information. project44 provide you with reasonable access to the Personal Information, which project44 maintains about you. project44 will also provide a reasonable opportunity for you to correct, amend or delete the information where it is inaccurate or has been processed in violation with regulations.
project44 may limit or deny access to Personal Information where the burden or expense of providing access would be disproportionate to the risks to your privacy in the case in question, or where the rights of persons other than you would be violated. You may request access to their Personal Information by contacting project44 as indicated above.
4. Your choices with respect to collection and use of your information
- As discussed above, where you are requested to input information or have the option to do so, you may choose not to provide project44 with any information, although it may be needed to access certain services and features on the Website, such as creating an account, booking shipments or to take advantage of certain features offered.
- You may add, or update information related to and close your account as described above.
- You will be given the opportunity to unsubscribe from commercial emails in any such message that project44e send you. If you are a registered member, you can also modify your choice regarding reception of such emails at any time on the profile page. Please note that project44 reserve the right to send you other communications, including service announcements, administrative messages, and surveys relating either to your account or to your transactions on the Websites, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
5. Cookies and other technologies
- To help measure and research the effectiveness of the Websites’ features and offerings, advertisements, and email communications (by determining which emails you open and act upon).
You can also delete cookies already stored on your computer. The method of doing so will depend upon your web browser. Instructions are available at the following URLs:
- Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/278835
- Firefox: http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Deleting%20cookies
- Chrome: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en-GB&answer=95647
Please note, that if you choose to refuse or restrict acceptance of cookies, you will not be able to access portions of the Websites.
The Websites may also use web beacons (also known as clear gifs, pixel tags or web bugs), which are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, that are placed in the code of a web page. project44 use web beacons to monitor the traffic patterns of users from one page within project44’s Websites to another, to deliver or communicate with cookies, to understand whether you have come to the Websites from an online advertisement displayed on a third-party website, and to improve the performance of project44’s Websites. project44 may also allow project44’s service providers to use web beacons to help project44 understand which emails have been opened by recipients and to track the visitor traffic and actions on project44’s Websites. This helps project44 measure the effectiveness of content and other offerings.
DoubleClick: project44 use Google Analytics remarketing codes to log when users view specific pages or take specific actions on the Websites. This allows project44 to provide targeted advertising in the future. If you do not wish to receive this type of advertising from project44 in the future you can opt out using the DoubleClick optout page or the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page.
6. How project44 protect your information
project44 want you to feel confident about using project44’s Websites to make shipping arrangements, and project44 are committed to protecting the information collected and provided through the Websites. While no website can guarantee security, project44 have implemented appropriate administrative, technical, and physical security procedures to help protect the Personal Information you provide. For example, only authorized employees are permitted to access Personal Information, and they may only do so for permitted business functions. In addition, project44 use encryption when transmitting your sensitive Personal Information between your system and project44 and employ firewalls to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your information.
7. External Links
If any part of project44’s Websites links you to other sites, those sites do not operate under this
8. Visiting project44’s Websites from outside the United States
10. How you can contact us