What information we collect from you
In General . We receive and store any information you enter on our website or give us in any other way. This includes information that can identify you (“personal information”), including your first and last name, telephone number, postal and email addresses. We may also request information about your authentication credentials provided to you carriers, brokers, or other third parties. You can choose not to provide information to us, but in general some information about you is required in order for you to register as a member; rate and/or book shipments; complete a Project44 profile; participate in a survey, contest, or sweepstakes; ask us a question; or initiate other transactions on our site.
Shipper and Consignee Information . When you book a shipment for transport for someone else through this website, we will request personal information and shipment preferences about that individual. You should obtain the consent of other individuals prior to providing us with their personal information and shipment preferences, as any access to view or change their information will be available only through your account.
Automatic Information . We automatically collect some information about your computer when you visit this website. For example, we will collect your IP address, Web browser software (such as Firefox, Safari, or Internet Explorer), and referring website. We also may collect information about your online activity, such as rates viewed and bookings made. Our goals in collecting this automatic information include helping customize your user experience and inhibiting fraud.
For more information, please see Cookies and other technologies .
How we use your information
This website may share your information with the following entities:
- Suppliers , such as carriers, brokers, or any third-parties who fulfill your shipment reservations or rate requests. Throughout this site, all services provided by a third-party supplier are described as such. We do not share your email address with these suppliers unless they need it to fulfill the shipment related request you have made on Project44, and we restrict their use of this information to that purpose. We do not place limitations on our suppliers’ use or disclosure of your other personal information. Therefore, we encourage you to review the privacy policies of any supplier whose products or services you purchase or use through this site. Please note that these suppliers also may contact you as necessary to obtain additional information about you, facilitate your shipment booking, or respond to a review you may submit.
- Third-party vendors who provide services or functions on our behalf, business analytics, customer service, marketing, or distribution of surveys, and fraud prevention. We may also authorize third-party vendors to collect information on our behalf, including as necessary to operate features of our website or to facilitate the delivery of online advertising tailored to your interests. Third-party vendors have access to and may collect information only as needed to perform their functions and are not permitted to share or use the information for any other purpose. They are also required to follow the same data security practices that we ourselves adhere to.
- Business partners with whom we may jointly offer products or services, or whose products or services may be offered on our website. You can tell when a third party is involved in a product or service you have requested because their name will appear, either alone or with ours. If you choose to access these optional services, we may share information about you, including your personal information, with those partners. Please note that we do not control the privacy practices of these third-party business partners.
- Referring websites . If you were referred to this website from another site (for example, through a link you clicked on another site that directed you to this one), we may share some information about you with that referring website. We have not placed limitations on the referring websites use of your personal information and we encourage you to review the privacy policies of any website that referred you here.
We also may share your information:
- In response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases we reserve the right to raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- When we believe it is appropriate to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal or suspected illegal activities; to protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of our company or this website, our customers, or others; and in connection with our Terms of Service and other agreements.
- In connection with a corporate transaction, such as a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
Other than as set out above, you will be notified when personal information about you will be shared with third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to have us share such information.
Aggregate Information and Non-Identifying Information . We may also share aggregate or anonymous information with clients, prospective clients, partners or the press in order to demonstrate usage of the website, spot industry and advertising trends, and to generate publicity for the Service. Any aggregated information shared in these contexts will not contain personal information.
How you can access your information
Your choices with respect to collection and use of your information
- As discussed above, you can choose not to provide us with any information, although it may be needed to book shipments or to take advantage of certain features offered on this site.
- You also can add or update information and close your account as described above.
- You will be given the opportunity to unsubscribe from commercial emails in any such message that we send you. If you are a registered member, you can also modify your choice at any time on the profile page. Please note that we reserve the right to send you other communications, including service announcements, administrative messages, and surveys relating either to your account or to your transactions on this site, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
- The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Please note that if you refuse to accept cookies from this site, you will not be able to access portions of our site.
Cookies and other technologies
- To help measure and research the effectiveness of website features and offerings, advertisements, and email communications (by determining which emails you open and act upon).
The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Please note that if you refuse to accept cookies, you may not be able to access many of the shipment tools offered on our sites.
This site may also use Web beacons (also known as clear gifs, pixel tags or Web bugs), which are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, that are placed in the code of a Web page. We use Web beacons to monitor the traffic patterns of users from one page within our sites to another, to deliver or communicate with cookies, to understand whether you have come to our site from an online advertisement displayed on a third-party website, and to improve site performance. We also may allow our service providers to use Web beacons to help us understand which emails have been opened by recipients and to track the visitor traffic and actions on our site. This helps us measure the effectiveness of our content and other offerings.
DoubleClick: We use Google Analytics remarketing codes to log when users view specific pages or take specific actions on a website. This allows us to provide targeted advertising in the future. If you do not wish to receive this type of advertising from us in the future you can opt out using the DoubleClick optout page or the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page.
How we protect your information
Visiting our website from outside the United States
How you can contact us